Computer Networking Job Vacancies
Work in Computer Networking for an international organisation
There are a host of computer networking jobs that you can do for international organisations. These include:
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Computer-Operations Researcher
- Computer Repair Specialist
- Systems Analyst
...and a lot more.
Some IT teams are made up of generalists with the ability to troubleshoot a wide range of issues. Their responsibilities might include:
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting wireless, security, switching, phone and other various network-related issues reported by customers and partners.
- Owning each networking issue through the process from initial creation to resolution.
- Collaborating with other Support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues of customers’ devices.
- Reading and analyzing packet capture.
- Working with Engineering and Management to diagnose and resolve critical escalated issues.
- Using acquired knowledge to suggest, edit and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
- Staying up to date on features and technology.
Qualification requirements can vary and there might be more emphasis on experience. International employers typically look for:
- A thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols, including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks
- Previous internship and/or work experience or volunteer work in a network lab environment
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension
- An eagerness to learn from others and be a team player
- Passionate about networking, IT and helping people
- Working towards or have a degree in Computer Networking, Information Technology, or a related discipline from a top-tier university.
Find a Computer Networking role at an international organisation:
According to the UN Charter and personnel policies of other IOs, the primary consideration in the selection of staff is the need to secure the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. We aim to assist applications with locating international job vacancies and applying, successfully, for those vacancies.