Work as a Network Security Consultant for an international organisation
The role of a Network Security Consultant for an international organisation is to assist with the organisation’s delivery services to its users.
As a consultant you will work with project teams to produce solutions that comply with internal security policies, standards and the security architecture. The role requires a hands-on background with a wide range of security, network and/or IT technologies. You will also provide technical advice and guidance to Technology Security Specialists and Analysts.
Key aspects of the role as a Network Security Consultant include:
- Providing project security guidance, design input and design review/Assessment;
- Reviewing and approving end to end connectivity across networks.
- Specifying security testing, and ensuring that identified vulnerabilities are remediated;
- Identifying security risks, and ensuring that these are managed effectively.
- Applying subject matter expertise to secure the organisaion’s IT, networks and services.
- Ensuring that projects integrate with security baseline controls such as IPS/IDS, WAF, Firewall Change Management, Identity & Access Management and Vulnerability Management.
- Ensuring internal customers, external suppliers and delivery partners are aware of security standards and future strategy to influence development roadmaps.
- Identifying security risks, managing them with key stakeholders, and providing recommendations for risk mitigation.
You can find a good choice of CV template for a Security Consultant or Developer role here. This can be downloaded and customised, great for making your application to an international job application stand out.